EPA studies indicate that indoor levels of many pollutants may be 25 times and occasionally more than 100 times higher than outdoor levels. In general, indoor air is four to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
• The EPA ranks air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health.
• 87% of American homeowners are not aware that pollution may be worse inside their homes than outdoors.
• About 40,000 dust mites, a common cause of household allergies, can be found in only one ounce of dust.
• Most homes generate about 40 pounds of dust per year for every 1,500 square feet of space.
• Because they breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems.
• The World Health Organization estimates that approximately 30% of newly constructed and remodeled facilities have indoor air quality problems.
• Many ordinary activities such as cooking, cleaning and redecorating can spread indoor air pollutants.
• Even a spotless home can allow indoor pollutants to flourish. Bathrooms, damp basements and even carpets and furniture are often the prime causes.
• According to a study by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, indoor air contaminants are responsible for half of all illnesses.
If you suffer from allergies or asthma, call A-1 Guaranteed today and see how a new air cleaning system can remove up to 99.98% of all airborne allergens, helping your family breathe better. Call A-1 Guaranteed Heating & Air Inc. today to speak with one of our friendly, customer care professionals.
A-1 Guaranteed Heating & Air Conditioning Inc.
In Vallejo: 1768 Broadway St.
Vallejo telephone: 707-645-0734
Fairfield telephone: 707-421-8782
Contra Costa telephone: 925-609-8800