LOS ANGELES, CA – Thousands of new products and services for restaurants, caterers and foodservice establishments were introduced by 400 exhibiting companies during this week’s Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo and Coffee Fest at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Reporters from several industry publications selected a dozen new products which were entered into a pitch competition on the show floor. The following companies participated, and attendees selected an overall winner.
· Best in Show for Pitch the Press was Cubo Beverages for their new Cubo beverage machine – Chef Developed Smoothies and Juices at the Push of a Button | Self-Cleaning!
· Bear Robotics for their Servi – From running orders to bussing tables, from the dirty work to dish delivery, they help find the right solutions for a business – Servi Runs, You Serve.
· Beauty Tea Company – Celebrate women’s beauty from the inside out by promoting wellness and relaxation with delicate and delicious tea blends, presented in the most elegant and feminine packaging, making them unique and unforgettable.
· EmployeeMetrics – Rest and Meal break compliance software that will keep you protected in real time! Lower labor cost while limiting exposure and staying protected against lawsuits.
· Flavorful Brands for their Golden Onions – Finally, a delicious, full flavor, yellow onion with no onion breath and not years. Goldies is a proprietary hybrid, Non-GMO and available in September 2022.
· Gloryland Food USA and their Organic White Rice Noodles. A whole food company specializing in the development, production, and international distribution of scientifically innovative, technologically advanced organic, gluten-free, and additive-free rice and wholegrain noodles.
· Go Essentials for their Mouthwash Mint – Go Essentials is a luxury, travel size product manufacturer. From day one we set out to create the world’s finest packet products.
· Melinda’s Food offer innovative hot sauces that set your mouth on flavor.
· RainBao next-generation, plant-forward dumplings are colorful and crafted from a short list of functional ingredients. We’re proof that eating for change can be satisfying and healthy!
· Sofi for their Sofi Cold Cup, Straw and Cup Holder – Plastic-Free and Bioplastic-Free. 100% Home compostable and Industrial compostable certified (EN 13432). These cups decompose naturally in landfills, soil or marine environments in less than 180 days.
· Wash Bins is Southern California’s #1 Trash Bin and Dumpster Cleaning Service. Our state-of-the-art trucks disinfect, sanitize and deodorize bins and dumpsters with 190-degree water to leave them looking and smelling great.
· Wingman Cobot for their Tom and Joy Cobots which are intelligently designed to assist real baristas with tangible tasks. Unlike industrial robots, Cobots are lightweight and ease of use – what a delight partner to work with!
The trade show and conference will take place through Tuesday, August 30 at the Los Angeles Convention Center with the trade show floor open from 11 am – 4 pm. The following events are scheduled for today:
TUESDAY, AUGUST 30th – Exhibit Hall Open 11:00am – 4:00pm
· San Francisco Wine School is proud to host this special session of Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Training in conjunction with the California Restaurant Association. Registrants will also receive Free Show Admission. (8:30 am – 12:30 pm)
· Culinary Demonstration with Chef Lauren Lawless who has been living by her motto of inspiring the world one plate a time. She has appeared on shows such as Masterchef, Travel Channel’s Best in Food as well as Food Network’s Supermarket Stakeout where she won the grand prize and title of Supermarket Stakeout Champion. (11:30 am Center Stage)
· Culinary Demonstration with Deanna “Bomb Chica” Colon, who was raised in an Italian restaurant North of Boston where she learned authentic Italian cuisine in the family restaurant and at home. Early on Deanna discovered her talents for music, so at 18, cooking took a backseat. She was awarded a full tuition scholarship to Berklee College of Music. Deanna is an entertaining dynamo! Whether on stage or on a plate, She Cooks. She Sings. She Entertains. (1:00 pm – Center Stage)
Registration is now open at www.westernfoodexpo.com. The Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo is owned by Clarion Events Food & Beverage Group and sponsored by the California Restaurant Association.