Driving an electric vehicle can help improve air quality and save money. | Unsplash/CHUTTERSNAP
With the new year approaching, Southern California Edison would like to encourage everyone to make clean air and sustainability a priority in 2022. From planting a tree to switching to an electric vehicle – there are countless ways your New Year’s resolution can help make the clean energy future a reality.
Simple and accessible actions that can help your audience make a difference include:
- Plant a tree – Urban trees reduce heat and pollution by acting like sponges that absorb harmful particulate matter. Planting trees is easy and one of the most cost-effective ways to reduce pollution.
- Use a power strip – Save energy by using a power strip to turn off appliances, such as computers, cellphones and televisions, when they’re not in use.
- Turn off the lights – Opt for natural light during the day and turn off the lights when leaving a room to reduce the amount of energy drawn from the power grid.
- Natural cleaning products – Use products that are naturally derived, nontoxic and biodegradable to ensure healthy indoor air quality in your home.
- Combine online orders – Instead of making several small purchases throughout the week, wait to make all online purchases at once, cutting down on air pollution from shipping.
- Drive an electric vehicle – Emission standards have helped cut pollution from cars and trucks by about 90% since 1998. Electric vehicles help improve air quality and save you money in the long run.
- Energy-efficient appliances – Using a gas-powered lawn mower for one hour creates as much pollution as driving a car for 500 miles. New electric lawn mowers are healthier, lighter and easier to use.
More information is available online.
Should you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our 24-hour Media Hotline at 626-302-2255 or visit newsroom.edison.com.